Welcome and thank you for joining us for the GOALS (Girls Organizing and Learning Sport) Program. We look forward to many fun-filled days with all of the girls. There are many exciting events and activities planned throughout the program. Please take a moment to review the registration program guidelines. Please return all forms In this package prior to your child(ren) attending GOALS.
The program will operate out of the location specified on the registration forms.
Program Hours and Extended Supervision Times:
The program will run at the specified time on the registration forms.
Sign In/Out procedures:
All parents/guardians are required to accompany their child(ren) into/out of the program area upon their arrival/departure. Please sign in your child upon arrival and departure indicating the times on the sign-in/out sheet located in the program facility. Please notify the GOALS leader if someone other than those listed on your information sheet will be picking up your child(ren). Identification will be requested of individuals picking up your child(ren).
With the increased number of peanut allergies amongst children today, we endeavor to ensure that our program is a peanut free program. We ask that all girls do not bring nuts and/or peanut butter as part of their snack or lunch. Please remind your child that sharing food products with other girls is not permitted. Signage will be posted at the sign-in table if any other allergies are brought to our attention.
Things to Bring:
It is necessary that all girls bring the following items with them each day:
- Indoor running shoes
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Warm clothing for outdoor sessions
GOALS staff will monitor but cannot administer medication. Medication can be stored and your child(ren) reminded to take it according to written instructions. Furthermore, staff is not responsible for any “missed doses”. We will try our best to avoid this situation. Medication (including Epi-pens) must be submitted to our office in its original prescribed bottle with your child’s name on it. * Anaphylaxis management and the use of epinephrine auto-injectors (Epi-pen or Twinject) at the program is a shared responsibility. Practicing emergency drills with your child results in effective emergency response in the case of a reaction. Allergic children must be mindful of their allergies.
- carry at least one epinephrine auto-injector (Epi-pen or Twinject) as age appropriate
- wear medical identification (e.g. MedicAlert)
- inform staff if she suspects a reaction is happening
- ensure that asthma is well controlled
In the case of a girl experiencing a severe, potentially life threatening allergic reaction, staff will administer the epinephrine auto-injector and call 911. Upon signing this form, permission is given to the LAWS Board or its representatives to seek medical care in the case of an emergency for the above person(s). Any costs incurred for medical care will be the responsibility of the parent and/or guardian.
The GOALS program recognizes mental health/wellbeing issues are able to effect people of any age. If your child shows any signs of mental health/wellbeing related concerns or has special coping mechanisms for certain situations, program staffers and coordinators would like to help to the best of their ability. In this instance, please use the following area below to mention signs or mechanisms that can help program staffers support your child. If there are any special concerns, you can also call the LAWS (Leadership Advancement For Women in Sport) board in order to set up a meeting with the GOALS program Coordinator to discuss this further in detail.
Amateur Athletic Waiver and Release of Liability:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way the Leadership Advancement for Women and Sport (LAWS)· G.O.A.L.S. (NAME OF ORGANIZATION) athletic/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even If arising from the negligence of the releasees of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. if , however, I observe any unusual Significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless LAWS/G.O.A.L.S., their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), with respect to any and all Injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
As a parent/guardian of a G.O.ALS. participant, I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(Under the age of 18 at time of Registration)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.
I, the parent/guardian of the child(ren) name herein have read and understand ALL of the information in this program package including the information sheet, consent form, information pertaining medical information, registration, sign in/out, refunds, credits & absenteeism.
Media Consent Form
I understand that my daughter is participating in a program called Girls Organizing and Learning Sport (G.O.A.L.S.) during which Leadership Advancement for Women and Sport (LAWS) or the media may be taking photographs, recording video or making audio recordings. These may be used for LAWS activities and its promotional materials in both print and electronic format.
The photographs, videos and audio recordings produced may contain recognizable images. I understand the purpose of this form is to obtain my permission for LAWS to use these images and/or recordings for their promotional materials including media coverage which typically includes names of individuals in the picture.
I further understand that this consent may be withdrawn by me at anytime, upon written notice.
I give my consent voluntarily.